Summer Bucket List 2015: A Review

So wayyyyy back at the start of May, I set myself a Summer Bucket List 2015 of all the things that I wanted to do over this glorious time that we call 'summer' in the UK aka the time where we get a grant total of 72 hours of sunshine and all call in sick to work.  

The fact that it is bucketing it down with rain today, much like when I initially wrote this list in May, may be seen as a metaphor of how well I actually did with this challenge, but I gave it my best shot battling against time, money and weather constraints. 

So here goes: 

1. Attend a music festival 
Yes!! I did this! I went to Radio 1's Big Weekend in Norwich and it was an absolute hoot! 

2. Carry lanterns at the Aldeburgh carnival X

I am so sad that I didn't get to do this in 2015. The carnival was held on the same day that I flew back from my holiday in Spain and flight delays meant that I couldn't make it. Screw you Ryan Air.

3. Go punting in Cambridge X
Dear Lord, I feel like such a fail already and it's only No.3. I may be doing this in a couple of weeks though if the weather holds out so this is a TBC*. 

4. Visit Edinburgh

I certainly did visit Edinburgh and I absolutely loved it! Most definitely one of my new favourite cities. 
5. Attend at least one (ideally two) Pride weekend(s)
Yes and yes. Went to Brighton and Manchester Pride this year and stroked Sir Ian McKellen's back as he walked past me so that's a yes and a half in my eyes. 
6. Eat Aldeburgh fish and chips as many times as possible X
Didn't get a chance to do this either but I think I will be doing this very soon so another TBC. 

7. See a film at an open air cinema X
Noooo, I'm genuinely gutted about this one as there were a few opportunities in my local area but I was either too disorganised or the weather was nasty. 

8. Try Stand Up Paddle Boarding

Yes x2. I paddled in Loch Lomond which was unreal and also in the Mediterranean sea on holiday.
9. Go to a country fair
Went to the Suffolk Show Country Fair with the mumatron. 
10. Visit the south coast- Portsmouth, West Wittering & Brighton
Well I visited Brighton for Pride so I'm going to say that's a 0.5 yes. 

11. Visit the zoo X
Didn't get the chance but I am going in a few weeks for my birthday so another TBC

12. Have a picnic in the sun X

My plans for a picnic on Arthur's Seat in Edinburgh were thwarted by gale force winds. 

13. Go crabbing X

Went an entire summer without catching crabs (joke never gets old)

14. Watch a cricket game X
On the TV yes but that wasn't quite what I meant. 

15. Summer days in London 

Well the 'day' and the 'London' part happened when Sam, her mum and I went to London for  a trip to go shopping, visit the West End but it certainly was not summery from what I can remember. 
16. Attend a food festival X
Nope. Unless an all you can eat buffet counts as a festival? 

17. Go surfing X

Much like No.12, Scotland had other ideas and there were literally no waves on the day that we planned to go surfing. 

18. Watch Wimbledon on the big screen
For sure. Sat in Kings Cross. Got burnt. 

19. Ride a Ferris Wheel

For sure. At Big Weekend. Felt sick afterwards. 

20. Visit Jimmy's Farm X

No but another TBC

21. Go fruit picking X

Another TBC

22. Ride bike trails X

ANOTHER TBC....ok this is getting silly now

23. Take a road trip somewhere

Took so many road trips this summer. The motorway was my friend. 

24. View the stars at an observatory X
No but...I've heard winter is the best time to do it anyway so there's still time

25. Melt marshmallows on the fire X

Again, this would be way more fun to do all snuggled up when it get's colder so there is definitely still time to do this. 

Ok so 9.5 out of 25 is pitiful but I'm going to cut myself some slack here and confess that I may have been a tad ambitious with my time frame on completing all 25 activities. Therefore, I am going to give myself until the end of 2015 to tick off the rest of the things on this list and then (and only then), if I fail at that, you can totally call me a let down and I'll hang my head in shame somewhere. 

*TBC= To be confirmed

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this insightful and informative blog post. I found it to be incredibly helpful and well-written. Your expertise on the subject really shines through, and I appreciate the effort you put into providing such valuable content. The practical tips and advice you've offered are sure to make a positive impact. I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future. Keep up the excellent work!
    Fog Essentials

    ReplyDelete