A dedication to the world of Harry Potter

Along with bajillions of other people in this world, I am a full- blown, bona fide, hand-on-heart Potterhead. I have read, and re-read, and read again all the books, I've watched the films umpteen times, I went to the Warners Bros 'Making of Harry Potter' studio tour for my birthday last year and I plan to go again sometime in 2015 and I WILL be going to 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter' in Florida within the next few years. The news of the upcoming 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' film makes me giddy and the upcoming 'Harry Potter and the Curse Child' play in London just brings out levels of excitement in me that I thought were only confined to times such as when my food arrives at a restaurant or I find the exact lumpy jumper that I've been looking for, for months in a charity shop for £2. 

In homage to this amazing literary world that our (should be Dame) J K Rowling created, I thought that I would create a little mismatch of all amazing Harry Potter related things that I have come across on the internet whether it be a cool graphic, a thoughtful gift that you could give to your nearest and dearest Potterhead, an interesting fact, quotes- literally whatever!
One of the most magical (pun very much intended) days of my life! 

Tattoos:
This article on Buzzfeed pretty much covers this topic for me, but here are a few of my favourites from their list: 
This 'Dark Mark' tattoo is amazing (click the photo for a link to the girl's instagram account).
A beautifully subtle nod to the The Marauders (again click the photo to link to owner's instagram account) 
Some other favourites (all found on Pinterest)

Graphics:
If tattoos are not your thing than maybe some of the following graphics that have been created will get you excited, I've included some of my favourite quotes too: 
As a self- confessed Ravenclaw, this sketch of the Ravenclaw Tower at Hogwarts gets me all kinds of excited. 
I mean, does this need an explanation? It's just fab. 
The eternal optimist....
Just all the feels...

Gifts:
These imagined, old- fashioned, travel posters of various HP locations (again found on Buzzfeed) would look amazing in heavy frames adorned on the wall of a Potterhead's house. 
I have searched and searched for this board game online to no avail- I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE

I'm also going to include a link to the official Warner Bros Shop where you can buy almost anything from the film NB: when I visited the studio I bought the following; an elder wand (obvs), a chocolate frog (again obvs) which came with a Godric Gryffindor playing card inside, copies of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them', 'Quidditch through the ages' and 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard', and finally a copy of the Marauders Map. 

The Harry Potter Tag:
The wonderful Jen Campbell recently posted a youtube video on her channel titled The Harry Potter Tag in which she answers a series of questions about Harry Potter and then 'tags' fellow Booktubers (youtubers that discuss books) to do the same. 

Here are my answers to the Harry Potter Tag questions, feel free to answer these yourself and post them in the comments section below: 

1. Favourite book: The Goblet of Fire- I love, love, love everything about the Triwizard Tournament from the other schools coming to Hogwarts, to the chapters in the Black Lake although not so keen on the whole Cedric death malarky- RIP Diggz. 

2. Favourite movie: The Deathly Hallows Part 1- the acting is so good and the film is worth it's merit for the opening scene alone with the 6 Harry decoys. 

3. Least favourite book: Toughie this one...I didn't dislike any of the books but if I had to pick a least favourite it would be The Chamber of Secrets and I couldn't even tell you why. 

4. Parts of the books/movies that made you cry: Dobby dying obviously, Sirius dying obviously, Dumbledore dying obviously- there's a running theme here

5. If you could hook up with any HP character who would it be?: I'm going to change this slightly to 'meet up with' because I don't particularly find any of the characters 'hook-up-able' and the answer to this would be Luna Lovegood for sure.

6. Favourite character: Professor McGonagall

7. What would your Patronus be?: Something limby, and clumsy like a giraffe 

8. If you could have the Resurrection Stone, Invisibility Cloak or the Elder Wand which one would you choose? Invisibility Cloak of course, the possibilities are endless although I'd probably end up doing super lame things like going behind the counter at Subway and making my own sandwich without paying for it. 

9. What House would you be in? Ravenclaw all the way

10. IF you could meet any member of the cast who would it be? Emma Watson definitely. 

11. Have you played any of the video games? Yes I had the Philosophers Stone on PC and the part where you had to run away from the troll was terrifying 

12. IF you were on the Quidditch team which position would you play? Well I play Keeper at football so I guess I could transfer the skills to the sky?! 

13. Were you happy with the ending? Yes re: the main story but I found the epilogue a little flat 

14. How much does Harry Potter mean to you? A lot! I've never been as excited about a book/ film release as I have been with HP. 

Other useful links: 
A go- to, wikipedia style website, purely dedicated to all things HP: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Harry_Potter

A virtual Harry Potter world where you take on challenges, get sorted into a house, unlock writing by Rowling and one of the greatest procrastination tools on the planet: https://www.pottermore.com 

0 comments: