A Tribute to Gormley and Gamble

Gormley and Gamble is the first EVER tailors on London's world famous Saville Row which is solely dedicated to making women's wear. This is huge. Massive in fact. The shop was founded in 2014 by Suffolk-born (yes, I am a proud Suffolk-ian myself which makes it all the more inspiring) Phoebe Gormley and has successfully managed to infiltrate the iconic hub of men's tailoring.
https://www.instagram.com/gormleyandgamble/
Taken from Gormley and Gamble's instagram
My blog post here is merely a small dip in the ocean of literature that is floating around the internet about Gormley and Gamble and, although there are other women's clothing companies that successfully cater to females in desperate need of avoiding ill-fitting men's suits (the most prominent for me is Wildfang which is based in the States), none have quite managed the feat of having a physical space in the previously 100% male dominated phenomenon that is Savile Row.
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/321655598362370319/
Image taken from Pinterest
Gormley and Gamble is about much more than simply apparel; Phoebe Gormley had the foresight to be really brave and follow her entrepreneurial instincts which saw a gap in the market. She left University part way through her course and she was going completely into the unknown, she represents a confidence that I wish more of us females had (I know that I certainly wish that I had it).

The pieces themselves are simply stunning, all fully bespoke and beautifully crafted. For me, the devil is in the detail - quirky buttons, patterned linings, splashes of colour are all what makes Gormley and Gamble unique.



All images take from Gormley and Gamble's instagram
Champagne and macaroons on arrival cements the quality of the service too and I really love the comic quirks on the company's website and instagram proving that they don't take themselves too seriously.

When I was 18 years old I wrote my first bucket list. I was young and full of dreams so there were the usual things like travel the world and write a book etc, and I distinctly remember that I wrote near the top of the list that I wanted to, one day, own a Burberry Mac and a bespoke suit from Savile Row that I had paid for myself. Now, with the help of Gormley and Gamble, this dream seems much more tangible.

0 comments: